Rates & Policies
The current rates for individual, couple, and family therapy are:
- $175 per standard session (50 minutes)
- $310 per extended session (90 minutes)
Please note that any other services including but not limited to consultation with other professionals, phone consultations, and school consultations will be charged on a pro-rated session basis. Please contact us with any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
While we do not bill insurance companies directly, at your request we can provide a statement of services for you to submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement. If you are unsure about your coverage, please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
Why don’t we accept insurance?
- Some insurance plans limit the number of sessions clients can attend.
- Some insurance plans only cover specific mental health diagnoses.
- Diagnoses are listed on your medical record.
- Some insurances require therapy to be a “medical necessity.” This means:
- Your symptoms have to be severe enough to qualify for a diagnosis.
- Your symptoms have to be causing an issue in one or more areas of your life.
- You must have a diagnosis that is covered by your carrier.
What should I ask my insurance carrier to understand my coverage?
- What is my coverage for outpatient mental health services?
- What is my yearly deductible and has it been met?
- What is the reimbursement rate for an out-of-network provider?
- How many therapy sessions are covered in a calendar year?
- Are there any limits to my coverage?
No Surprises Act
The No Surprises Act was enacted on January 1, 2022 and requires healthcare providers to offer a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) to patients at the beginning of treatment. Or, for current patients, from January 1, 2022, onward. Family Therapy Center of Bethesda recognizes every client’s therapy journey is unique. How long you need to engage in therapy and how often you attend sessions can be influenced by several factors.
To help you get a sense of your potential GFE, you can keep this in mind. In a typical year, with weekly therapy, one might have as many as 50 sessions. Thus, the annual GFE would be a range from your therapist’s fee x 1 to your therapist’s fee x 50.
If you choose to schedule, our care coordinator will give you more details on the No Surprises Act and will provide you with a GFE.