“If one has courage, nothing can dim the light that shines from within.”
– Maya Angelou
Summer Girls Empowerment Group
Family Therapy Center of Bethesda and Cohn Counseling are excited to offer this week-long intensive group for girls ages 11-14. This unique opportunity will help girls build connections, skills, and confidence and learn how to manage symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Activities will include:
- Getting to know you and team building activities while learning about anxiety, depression and self esteem.
- A scavenger hunt in Bethesda to build skills around anxiety management and self-confidence.
- Animal assisted therapy through Potomac Horse Center where the girls will engage with horses to build skills around communication, self-worth, and trust.
- A day at Imagination stage where the girls will create and perform something in front of the group.
- Ropes course experience to build confidence, trust, communication, and team work.
If interested please complete our intake form. After completing this form, one of the facilitators will reach out to you in order to schedule a 15-20 minute intake phone call and to answer any questions you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Date and Time
June 20, 2022-June 24, 2022 from 9:30am-1pm